Damiana Corca, Acupuncture Sleep Specialist
Damiana graduated with Summa Cum Laude from East West College of Natural Medicine in Sarasota, Florida, where she earned her Bachelors degree in Health Sciences and Masters in Oriental Medicine in 2009. She is Board Certified in Chinese Herbology, which altogether with the Board Certification in Acupuncture, Foundations of Chinese Medicine, and Biomedicine gives her the statute of Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
Damiana is one of the few acupuncturists in the world who solely focuses on sleep problems. After having a general practice for a few years treating many different disorders such as back and neck pain, depression, fatigue, and digestive and hormonal issues, she gradually shifted her practice towards sleep problems such as insomnia, sleep apnea, nightmares, and other related disorders. However, because sleep problems are usually accompanied by symptoms such as pain, anxiety, or fatigue, she treats the whole person, and while the sleep will improve, many other symptoms will as well.
Damiana is originally from Romania, from a small village called Poiana Marului (Apple’s Valley). She first attended law school at Transilvania University in Brasov and later moved to the United States to go to East West College of Natural Medicine.
“Daca dragoste nu e, nimic nu e”, said Marin Sorescu, a Romanian author. It roughly translates to, “If there is no love, nothing is.” When Damiana was in law school, she found that she lacked the passion and love for the law, but she discovered a new passion and love when she went to Acupuncture College.
She is now committed and devoted to help people attain excellent health and spread the awareness that sleep can be healed with acupuncture and herbal medicine. She has built the curriculum and is teaching at Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder a specialty topic class on Acupuncture and Sleep Disorders.
I had been struggling for about 7-8 months with my disruptive sleep pattern and was using Ambien to get try and get a full night’s sleep. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and could not fall back to sleep. I started to see Damiana and within 3 sessions, I could tell there was a shift in my sleep pattern. After 8 sessions, I have been able to diminish my use of Ambien to a minimum, before I was having to use it 5-6 nights a week. I am able to stay asleep and I am back to experiencing a deep sleep where I can get back to slumber without having to use medication. I would highly recommend Damiana to anyone who has sleep issues or is looking to have restful sleep without the use of medications. ~Susan Miller, VP Business Development
- Masters of Oriental Medicine, East West College of Natural Medicine, GPA 4.0
- Bachelors in Health Sciences, East West College of Natural Medicine
- Studied with Dr. Hamid Montakab, MD and author of book “Acupuncture and Insomnia”
- 60 credits of Law School, Transilvania University, Romania
- Teaching at Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder, Colorado, specialty topic class “Acupuncture and Sleep Disorders”
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of Colorado
- Board Certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Chinese Herbology and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Certificate for Acupuncture Injection Therapy
- Level I Qi Gong Instructor – Supreme Science Qi Gong Center
- Founder of Life After 7pm Programs, programs for more enjoyable evenings, better sleep, better relationships and increased work productivity
- Director at Large with the Colorado Association of Acupuncture
- Interview on acupuncture and sleep issues on Everyday Acupuncture Podcast