Injection Therapy (also known as biopuncture therapy) is the same as normal intramuscular injection and subcutaneous injection as far as how they are administered. However, they differ in the location of the body where they are administered. Homeopathic injections such as Traumeel are administered in acupuncture and trigger points throughout the body depending on the condition treated or area of the body that is injured.
Trameel is a natural anti-inflammatory alternative to cortisone shots. Because of the nature of homeopathic remedies, there is no limit to the usage of these injections, it does not interfere with other treatments, and it does not have side effects.
Side Effects Of Traumeel
- No known side effects
*except rare patients with a known hypersensitivity/allergies to specific ingredients
Possible Side Effects of Cortisone Injections
- Tendons can be weakened
- Tendon ruptures
- Weakening of the ligaments of the joint
- Injury to the joint tissues, particularly with repeated injections.
- Thinning of the joint cartilage
- Increased inflammation in the joint (arthritis) due to a reaction to a corticosteroid that has crystallized
- Patients who have diabetes
- Can elevate the blood sugar
- In patients with underlying infections, it may suppress the body’s ability to fight the infection
- May worsen the infection
- May mask the infection by suppressing the symptoms and signs of inflammation
- May cause problems in patients with blood-clotting disorders
Long Term Side Effects With Continued Use
- Thinning of the skin
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Puffiness of the face
- Elevation of blood pressure
- Avascular Necrosis/osteonecrosis (bone dies because of interruption of the blood supply)
Damiana Corca is offering Injection Therapy at Holistica Integrative Care.