Call me at 303-440-1033 for a complimentary consult or an initial appointment. Or schedule online.
I look at any sleep disorder as a symptom, not a disease. In a patient with insomnia, I look at the type of insomnia, which part of the night, and then look at all the other symptoms that may not seem associated with insomnia. Such symptoms may be digestive issues, dizziness, pain, urination issues, hormonal disturbances, and more.
Acupuncture is the main therapy, however I will look at sleep basics, herbal therapy and look into what laboratory tests have been done and what could be further beneficial.
I am working with other wonderful health care practitioners at my center, Corca Center for Sleep and Radiant Health.
I graduated from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine with a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. I earned my Bachelors degree in Health Sciences and Masters in Oriental Medicine in 2009 from East West College of Natural Medicine in Sarasota, Florida. I am a Board Certified in Chinese Herbology, which altogether with the Board Certification in Acupuncture, Foundations of Chinese Medicine, and Biomedicine gives me the statute of Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). I have also completed all the course work with the Institute for Functional Medicine and I am set to graduate in 2019.
I am one of the few acupuncturists in the world who solely focuses on sleep problems. After having a general practice for a few years treating many different disorders such as back and neck pain, depression, fatigue, and digestive and hormonal issues, I gradually shifted my practice towards sleep problems such as insomnia, sleep apnea, nightmares, and other related disorders. However, because sleep problems are usually accompanied by symptoms such as pain, anxiety, or fatigue, I treat the whole person, and while the sleep will improve, many other symptoms will as well.
I am originally from Romania, from a small village called Poiana Marului (Apple’s Valley). I first attended law school at Transilvania University in Brasov and later moved to the United States to go to East West College of Natural Medicine.
“Daca dragoste nu e, nimic nu e”, said Marin Sorescu, a Romanian author. It roughly translates to, “If there is no love, nothing is.” When I was in law school, I found that I lacked the passion and love for the law, but I discovered a renewed passion and love when I went to the Acupuncture College.
I am now committed and devoted to help people attain excellent health and spread the awareness that sleep can be healed with acupuncture and herbal medicine. I have built the curriculum and am teaching at Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder a specialty topic class on Acupuncture and Sleep Disorders.
- Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine.
- Masters of Oriental Medicine, East West College of Natural Medicine
- Bachelors in Health Sciences, East West College of Natural Medicine
- Functional Medicine Practitioner, Institute for Functional Medicine
- Studied with Dr. Hamid Montakab, MD and author of book “Acupuncture and Insomnia”
- 60 credits of Law School, Transilvania University, Romania
- Teaching at Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder, Colorado, specialty topic class "Acupuncture and Sleep Disorders"
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of Colorado
- Board Certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Chinese Herbology and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Certificate for Acupuncture Injection Therapy
A testimonial from Dr. Todd Dorfman, MD
“Dr. Damiana is a leader in her field, provides outstanding patient care, possesses excellent interpersonal skills, and most importantly – her patients consistently improve with her treatments.”